Michael J. Garris
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan (1976)
- Juris Doctor, Wayne State University Law School (1979)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" in Michigan from 2008–2017 (the top 5% of attorneys in each state, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics).
- Settled a motor vehicle crash case for $16 million dollars, the largest known settlement for an automobile crash in Michigan history.
- Received a jury verdict in excess of $3 million in a medical malpractice/negligence case against the University of Michigan Hospital, involving a lab mix up resulting in an unnecessary mastectomy.
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Nominated Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America by National Trial Lawyers.
- Nominated for Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers in America, Lawdragon Publication.
- Nominated for Lawyers of Distinction.
- Nominated a Top 10 Attorney in Michigan by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Named Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World.
- Selected to The National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
- Speaker at Michigan Association for Justice's Rapid Fire Seminar.
- Published in the ATLA Law Reporter, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Washtenaw County Legal News, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association Journal, Oakland Business Review, Michigan Trial Reporter, Saline Reporter, Ann Arbor News, Detroit Free Press, and the Professional Negligence Law Reporter.
- Featured on Fox News (Channel 2) and WAAM Radio.
- Has served as a case evaluator in Washtenaw, Wayne, Lenawee and Livingston counties for over 30 years.
- Licensed to practice law in both Michigan and Florida.
- Litigated in numerous counties within Michigan, including Wayne, Monroe, Lenawee, Hillsdale, Branch, Kalamazoo, Jackson, Washtenaw, Ingham, Livinston, Oakland, Macomb, Genesee, Shiawassee, Clinton, Ionia, Ottawa, Grand Traverse, Mackinac, Antrim, Montcalm, Isabella, and Bay counties.
- Litigated in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, New York, Virginia, Kentucky, Arkansas, Mississippi, Florida, Alaska, and California.
- Litigated in federal courts in the State of Michigan.
- Served as an arbitrator.
- Member of the Washtenaw County Bar Association, Washtenaw County Association for Justice, Michigan Association for Justice (sustaining member since 1979), American Association for Justice (sustaining member since 1979), and the Hellenic Bar Association.
- Guest lecturer for Saline High School civil law classes.
- Coached Premier soccer teams and AAU basketball for 10 years.