Steven Z. Garris
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan (1973)
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois (1976)
- Numerous post-graduate courses in continuing legal education.
- Degree from National College of Advocacy in Civil and Criminal Trial Advocacy.
- Named a "Super Lawyer" in Michigan from 2010–2017 (the top 5% of attorneys in each state, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics).
- Appeared in Michigan Supreme Court and Michigan Court of Appeals, as well as Federal District Courts and Federal Courts of Appeals.
- Nominated as Top 10 Attorney for State of Michigan by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
- Nominated for 10 Best Attorneys in Michigan by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- Nominated for 10 Best Attorneys in Michigan by American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Nominated for Top 100 Litigation Attorneys in State of Michigan by American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Nominated for membership in Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Nominated Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America by the National Trial Lawyers.
- Nominated one of Top Attorneys in Michigan by the New York Times, Hour Detroit, and Crain's Detroit Business.
- Court appointed mediator in Washtenaw, Wayne, Livingston, and Lenawee counties.
- Past president and current member of Washtenaw Association for Justice.
- Member of Washtenaw County Bar Association, Michigan Association for Justice, American Association for Justice (sustaining member), Phi Delta Phi Law Fraternity, Theta Xi Fraternity, Law Enforcement and Industrial Security Association of Washtenaw County.
- Past legal counsel to St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
- Completed five Ironman Triathlons and numerous other triathlons and marathons.
- Awarded Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do by Grandmaster Hwa Chong.
- Enjoys swimming, biking, running, snowboarding, skiing, and golfing.